£7.50 GBP £10.00 GBP
SIZE UK 8 - 16 (EUR 36 - 44 / US 4 - 12)
Bringing Back the Classic with the Madelein Trouser:
Who doesn’t love a great classic? The Madelein trouser may resemble the cigarette pant, but it boasts a ¾ length leg with an optional turn up cuff. With slash front pockets, a fine waistband and a central trouser crease running up both legs; this pattern is every inch the 50’s diva style.
- Inspired by the cigarette pant style, the Madelein trousers are slim line and fitted
- A turned up hem at the base of ¾ length legs
- Back jetted pockets and stylish front slash pockets
- Fine belt loops to complement the minimalistic waistband
- A classic zip and button fly area
- Easily made with denim, or with slight-stretch cotton (as in the sample)
- Fabric: 125cm/ 50”
- Fusible interfacing: 32cm/ 13”
- Pocket lining: 25cm/ 10”
- A single button measuring 1.5cm or 9/16” in diameter
- A single length of zip measuring 17cm/ 7”
If you have some good experience in trouser construction, then this pattern will be a stitch for you to create! For beginner sewers, you can simplify the pattern by removing the jetted back pockets, but if are simply too daunted to tackle the Madelein altogether, then why not consider starting with a simpler alternative – the Coco Trouser. For a comfortable fit, we’d recommend using a lightweight suiting wool. If you prefer the straighter approach, then give stiff mid-weight cotton twill a spin instead!
This pattern is only available as a downloadable PDF pattern. To learn more about PDF patterns click here.