£12.00 GBP £15.00 GBP
UK 4 - 20 (EUR 32 - 48 / US 0 - 16)
Creating a corset has never been easier than with the Romero corset pattern. Undoubtedly one of the most commercial patterns in our collection, the finished garment offers an easy fit for a simplistic overall aesthetic. The straightforward construction coupled with the full-busted contemporary design makes the Romero a firm favourite with sewers of all experience levels. Our above sample is constructed using black satin, covered in a fine net of polka-dot devoré felt.
- A combination of both external and internal boning channels
- A 6 Loop steel busk
- A split side seam and a split at the top (centre front), complete with laces for bust and hip adjustment
(based on largest size)
- Fabric: 50cm/ 20”
- Coutil: 90cm/ 36”
- 200cm x 1.2cm or 79” x 1/2“ Bias binding
- 405cm x 0.8cm or 160” x 5/16“ Bias binding
- 28 Eyelets with washer
- 5 loop steel busk (30cm max length)
- 405cm x 0.6cm or 160” x 1/4” spiral steel boning
Designed to bridge the gap between traditional and contemporary corset construction, the Romero is a great transition piece to create when skill may be a defining factor. Modern and historic corsetry can be combined in a simple-to-build fashion, so even beginner sewers can enjoy corset making. The construction set is comprehensive, featuring our standard two layer construction techniques, but the additional metal busk elements and laced splits create a more challenging aspect to the project.
This pattern is only available as a downloadable PDF pattern. To learn more about PDF patterns click here.