£6.00 GBP £8.00 GBP
DIFFICULTY: CONFIDENT BEGINNER
SIZE UK 4 - 16 (EUR 32 - 44 / US 0 - 12)
Playful Desires with the Arani Dress
Where playfulness meets distinction you'll find the Arani Dress. Featuring a peplum neck for an outstanding style aesthetic and unique movement, you'll turn heads wherever you go. Perfect for smart work-wear when teamed with a formal blazer, as well as a statement piece when worn alone, summer functions will never be the same again. Our sample is constructed using medium-weight linen for the body, along with chiffon peplum details.
- A mandarin style collar with a double layer peplum - attached at the neck and centre back for a tighter silhouette
- Invisible zip (centre back)
- A turned up hem and armhole facings
- No lining
- The body is cut on the bias - no need for bust/waist shaping darts
(Based on largest size)
- Fabric A: 190cm/ 75”
- Fabric B: 75cm/ 29”
- Fusible interfacing: 28cm/ 11”
- 1 invisible zip - 60cm/ 24” in length
The Arani Dress is one of the most versatile sewing patterns we've created, and is ideal for both beginner and intermediate sewers alike. For a less technical, almost effortless piece, you could remove the peplum neck and armholes entirely and construct the garment in a more lightweight material such as wool or linen. For more advanced sewers, or those who simply like a challenge, constructing the peplum section in a soft, matching coloured chiffon will really take it to the next level.
This pattern is only available as a downloadable PDF pattern. To learn more about PDF patterns click here.