SIZE: UK 8 - 16 (EUR 36 - 44 / US 0 - 12)
The Simplistically Inspiring Lara Shirt:
Proudly demonstrating just how stylish a kimono/military combination can be – the Lara shirt is a pinnacle of creativity, as far as outfits go. Featuring kimono sleeves, a Mandarin-inspired collar and roll cuff-tabs; this garment would make the ideal addition to any wardrobe. You can create the pattern using luxurious satin for that feeling of vintage glamour or stylish evening wear. Alternatively, you can rely on a slightly more durable material if you’re going for an outdoorsy aesthetic.
- A Mandarin-inspired collar featuring a 2cm placket
- Foldable cuffs that lead to deep, set-in sleeves
- Sleeves can be held in place via tab and button
- A stylish double-layer shoulder yoke
- A rolled hem
- No darts whatsoever for this kimono-inspired straight shirt – which is oversized for style and comfort
(Based on largest size)
- Fabric: 125cm/ 50”
- Fusible interfacing: 14cm/ 55”
- 9 buttons in your choice of colour, measuring 1cm or 3/8” in diameter
Novice sewers looking for a challenge will love this pattern, and intermediate sewers will breeze through it! We recommend that beginners use cotton poplin, or a lightweight canvas for the added stability which will aid in construction. For experienced sewers however, there’s really no reason why you couldn’t go all-out and create a world-class style with silk or habotai.
This pattern is only available as a downloadable PDF pattern. To learn more about PDF patterns click here.