UK 4 - 20 (EUR 32 - 48 / US 0 - 16)
The Maradonna corset is our introductory piece in lingerie-based corsetry. The leotard body and elasticated Power mesh panelling create a timeless look that won't go unnoticed. Featuring spaghetti straps, cone-cups, internal & external boning channels and stitch detailing, you can embellish the design with heavily textured material (on the front and back panels), or you can team it with a thin belt for added style. Our sample has been constructed using a classic black satin and matching powermesh.
- External boning channels to conceal seams
- Full-body leotard pattern, featuring crotch strap and lacing at the back
- Lingerie style corsetry techniques, with power mesh/ lurex side panels.
- Foam padded conical cups with top stitching detail
- Top edge and leg holes finished with zigzag stitched lingerie elastic
(Based on largest size)
- Fabric & Coutil: 72cm/ 29”
- Power mesh: 65cm/ 26”
- Foam: 21cm/ 9”
- 283cm x 1.2cm or 112” x 1/2“ Bias binding
- 48 Eyelets with washer
- 672cm x 0.8cm or 265” x 5/16“ spiral steel boning
- 320cm x 1cm or 126” x 3/8” Lingerie elastic
- 100cm x 0.2cm or 40” x 1/16” premade rouleaux strapping
When it comes to iconic corset design, no other garment comes to mind! The Maradonna is a uniquely constructed piece, featuring design details that simply cannot be found on any of our other historic or modern corsets. The combination of elastane and powermesh side panels takes this piece from couture to lingerie, and so it may be in need of a little more technical skill to create than its counterparts. We do not recommend the Maradonna pattern to sewers with little to no corsetry experience, as the amount of design detail featured on this piece really does require the eye of a highly skilled intermediate to pro sewer.
This doesn't mean that this pattern is the hardest to construct in our collection, but it is certainly a challenge for those who wish to own such an iconic garment. The finished piece will be in need of adjustment and amendment to fit exact body shapes, but we still firmly believe that this corset, and the potential it holds, makes it a worthwhile project to undertake.
Find out more about our corset ranges including a detailed overview of our standard construction techniques here
This pattern is only available as a downloadable PDF pattern. To learn more about PDF patterns click here.