BEGINNER / INTERMEDIATE
SIZE UK 4 - 16 (EUR 32 - 44 / US 0 - 12)
Exploring the Modern Classic with the Milena Top:
Boasting a modern take on the traditional fitted shirt; the Milena is as light as it is breezy, and would make the ideal companion for your summer wardrobe. Although seemingly minimalistic in shape, the pattern actually features intricate panelling which can be incredibly versatile as far as defining your own outfit goes. Our sample has been made of a cream coloured silk organza, and we’re sure that you’ll agree that it gives it that ‘stylishly straight’ feel!
- Multiple panelling on the front and back of the top, in a fitted Gillet style
- A mandarin-inspired collar featuring a 2cm button stand
- A selection of panels boasting double-layered organza construction, to create opaque and transparent segments
- A rolled hem and armholes, with French seaming throughout the piece
(Based on largest size)
- Fabric: 96cm/ 38”
- Fusible interfacing: 23cm/ 9”
- 7 x buttons 1cm or 1/2” diameter
If you lack initial skill, time or patience – then you may struggle to create the Milena sewing pattern. This is due to its intricate intersecting curved panel pieces. As a result, we’d recommend a skillset that meets an intermediate level or higher – especially if you meet this criteria and are keen to further enhance your skills. For beginners attempting to create the pattern, then it may be a good idea to simplify it by using starched shirting cotton or organza (to provide an added level of strength to the construction, whilst being easier to manage).
This pattern is only available as a downloadable PDF pattern. To learn more about PDF patterns click here.