The Stunning Peplar Top
Featuring an elegantly plunging neckline, a stylish thick-banded halter neck and a stunning kick out peplum to define all waist shapes – this classic peplar top is constructed to complement absolutely any summer outfit! Thanks to the intricately traced peplum and a fine strappy belt, it’s never been easier to define a sleek silhouette that emanates style and grace. We love the sheer versatility of this top and, depending on the material used to create it, it can be designed for both daytime wear and evening wear alike.
- An invisible zip-up back
- A stylish halter neck featuring a thick neck band for accentuation
- A transparent shape enhancing yoke panel
- Front and back darts to shape your waist and bust
- A strappy waistband hemmed in to the centre back
- A full-circle peplum lower
(Based on largest size)
- Fabric A: 142cm/ 56”
- Fabric B: 48cm/ 19”
- Interfacing: 30cm/ 12”
- 3 buttons measuring 15cm, with a ½ inch diameter
- 1 30cm/ 12” invisible zip
Whether you’re a beginner or intermediate sewer the peplar top is both simple and quick to construct, so you’ll appreciate just how versatile the sewing pattern can be. For example, you can switch out the transparent panel with chiffon or organza for a more advanced design, or to simplify things why not replace the transparent panelling with a slightly more functional material in a contrasting colour of your choice? The possibilities are virtually endless.
This pattern is only available as a downloadable PDF pattern. To learn more about PDF patterns click here.