SIZE: XS - L / UK 4-18 / US 0 -14 / EUR 32-46
Superbly Summer Sahara Shirt
When stylish over-sized shirts are hard to come by, the simple yet stunning Sahara shirt is undoubtedly the only cover-up you'll ever need. Whether you are lounging by the pool or setting off on safari, the drop shoulder design teamed with open-tab cuffs and a belted waist will suit absolutely any holiday destination. To create a classic look for a sultrier day out or more seductive evening occasion, using a luxury fabric such as satin or silk will really add a touch of elegance - we used light weight gauzy linen for the sample above.
- A classic styled shirt collar, with a collar stand and 2cm placket
- A double layer shoulder yoke, complete with faux pocket flap on the front
- Tab cuffs that open at the underarm
- A rolled, scalloped hem featuring French seams
(Based on largest size)
- Fabric: 235cm/ 93”
- Fusible interfacing: 110cm/ 44”
- 11 buttons - roughly 1cm/ ½” in diameter
The Sahara Shirt sewing pattern has been created to be one of the easiest pieces in our summer collection. Deceptively constructed to look complicated, it's the perfect piece for novice sewers who want to really showcase their skills. Using more stable material such as cotton poplin or linen will make this pattern even easier to create, but more experienced sewers can change it up by using delicate silk, habotai and sand washed satin.
This pattern is only available as a downloadable PDF pattern. To learn more about PDF patterns click here.